News & Information
Information required each time the payroll is run
For each employee:
- Full name and address of the employee
- Date of birth
- National Insurance number
- Gross pay, tax & NIC deducted
- Hours worked by each individual employee
For each company:
- District number
- PAYE reference
- PAYE Accounts Office Reference
Failure to provide this information will result in rejection of the RTI return.
- There will be no parallel run with the existing PAYE system.
- Penalties will be raised automatically for the failure of employers to make their RTI returns on time. Indicative penalties for the failure to report on time are £100 for each instance of late reporting , but are yet to be confirmed.
- There are a couple of useful website for employers if you wish to find out more:
www.tolley.co.uk/rti (you can sign up for a newsletter)
- It appears that P45 's will no longer be required but this has yet to be agreed.
- Foreign workers – there is an increasing trend for PAYE audits to involve the Home Office, leading to raids by immigration officials on illegal overseas workers.
- You will need to get into the habit , every time you take on a new employee, to say to them "I need the following information (date of birth, etc) about you, and I cannot start to pay you until you give me this information".
J Aubin Ltd Action Plan
Before 5 April 2013 the following process will be done for all clients wishing J Aubin Ltd to continue to run their payrolls:
- Issue new client Engagement Letters to cover the RTI process
- Collection of necessary data on all employees
- Ensuring payroll database is up to date
- Establish a new payroll procedure so that a client reviews and "signs off" the submission before it can be made
- Test submissions, if permitted by the software in time for the first reporting deadline.
- 6 April 2013 - Go live
Moneysoft Payroll software used by J Aubin Ltd has already provided confirmation that they will be able to comply with the new requirements for the 2013-14 payroll year.
Further client newsletters will be issued as more information becomes available .
If you have any queries not answered by the websites mentioned above, please do not hesitate to contact me